At insitro, we are combining human biology and machine learning to discover new therapeutics.
The heart of our strategy is to produce large data sets that will drive machine learning and yield key biological insights. This strategy requires a seamless, robust, and effective operation that simultaneously spans multiple projects, some partnered and some in-house. Our success relies
on working across functions, including high-throughput biology, automation, functional genomics, data science, machine learning, translational science, and drug discovery, to ensure that projects have what they need for successful execution.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our Program and Project Management team and lead these critical responsibilities and support teams advancing insitro’s technology and therapeutic projects. We are specifically seeking an individual that brings a deep computational perspective to the PPM team while operating across disciplines.
In this role, you will help lead and support projects leveraging our platform for therapeutic discovery and efforts to build and advance our therapeutic pipeline. Specifically, you will:
- Help build and implement the project management systems and processes needed at the intersection of several state-of-the-art technologies for a company that is working towards a pipeline of multiple therapeutics projects.
- Contribute to a portfolio that will achieve insitro’s company objectives, is aligned across stakeholders, and is composed of technology and therapeutic projects that are properly scoped with well-articulated project plans and resource requirements.
- Mentor project team members in their roles
- Work with scientists and technologists to ensure that cross functional project teams develop, prioritize, and execute on goals.
- Have the strategic edge and agility to seamlessly navigate up and down the organization, translating executive level direction to project execution
- Facilitate issue identification and resolution, as well as contingency planning and decision-making.
- Help to achieve project objectives by effectively coordinating activities and managing project information.
- Be accountable for the development of high functioning teams, including helping teams and leaders to collaborate effectively across disciplines
- Advanced degree - Masters or PhD in computational or natural sciences - or equivalent experience / education. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a superb ability to quickly scale learning curves across scientific and technology disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience as a Technical Program Manager or in Project management
- Experience in technology applied to life sciences (e.g., software, data science, machine learning)
- Experience managing complex projects that involve facilitating cross functional teams
- A bias to action, a detail-oriented mindset, and the ability to operate effectively under ambiguous, rapidly changing circumstances
- Passion for discovering new therapies
Nice to Haves
- Experience scoping projects and gathering technical requirements
- Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Exposure to computational methods relevant to microscopy, sequencing, genomic analysis, and chemistry
- Experience in high-end engineering technologies in the biomedical space
- Experience working at an early stage startup
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
- This role may be based remotely, if preferred
insitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. We rely on human genetic cohorts, human-derived cellular disease models, and high-throughput biology and chemistry to identify coherent patient segments, actionable therapeutic targets, and new or existing chemical matter. The goal is to deliver predictive insights to improve the probability of success and reduce the number of costly dead ends along the R&D journey. The company has established enabling collaborations with Gilead in NASH and Bristol Myers Squibb in ALS and is building a pipeline of wholly owned and partnered medicines leveraging its unique insights on patient biomarkers, targets, and molecules. insitro is located in South San Francisco, CA and has raised over $600M from top tech, biotech, and crossover investors since formation in 2018. For more information on insitro, please visit the company’s website at www.insitro.com.